1 (edited by Zacki 2019-10-27 13:29:56)

Topic: RayDAT and HDSP PCI cards - Sync cable necessary?

Hello. Is a 3-pin (clock) Sync cable between a RayDAT and a HDSP PCI card (rev. 1.7) and a Multiface-I necessary when both cards are used in one PC? The manual was of no help for me. If yes, on the RayDAT it surely will be connected to Sync out connector, but on the PCI card to Sync 1 or Sync 2 connector? The Settings dialog for die HDSP PCI also has no setting such as Sync in. OS is WinXP with the latest RME drivers.

Re: RayDAT and HDSP PCI cards - Sync cable necessary?

Yes they need to be synced. I don't know about the internal options, but I do know you can also use the spdif or adat connectors if one is free. Just connect one cable from an adat or spdif output to the input of the other card and set the second one to slave from that input. In your case I would make the Multiface master since the raydat is digital only.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

The HDSP(e) PCI card's sync connectors are not functional. That's why they are nowhere mentioned in the manuals and not present in the Settings dialog.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the answers. Both cards within the PC aren't used together. The RayDAT is for live mixing/recording and the Multiface is connected to a Yamaha 01V96 console in rehersal room. So I guess then there's no need for syncing both Systems, right?

I am not sure. They will have one driver so both will be active in both situations. If unsynced the buffers might go out of sync, maybe, and cause issues. MC will have to comment on that. But if you try and don't have issues like crackles, not even after an hour, there is no problem.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632