1 (edited by p1afff 2018-01-06 20:49:09)

Topic: Loopback problem ?

Just got a Babyface Pro, very nice ! I want to video/audio record/capture a Reaktor patch into Quicktime Player. So I check "Loopback" on the TMIX Masterfader, chose Babyface Pro in QT Player. When I open the mov in Premiere, I see the video and 8 audio channels, why not, but only one (#3) containing audio. I've checked in MIDI/Audio Setup,and I can effectively see a lot of channels (14) but cannot disable some of them :-/

Has anyone seen this ?

Setup is : TotalMix Fx 1,43, driver 3;03, fw 1.01, MacOS Sierra 10.12.6, MBP 2017.

https://app.box.com/s/vf69xq0bilm4e85r2koca4uhj9qxnx7u

Philippe

Re: Loopback problem ?

Check which channels are 'Master', so which channels need to be used for recording. That does not seem to fit.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by p1afff 2018-01-07 16:10:29)

Thanks for your answer, Matthias.

Check which channels are 'Master', so which channels need to be used for recording. That does not seem to fit.

You mean 'Main" in TM ? Well Master is Analog 1/2. If you mean in Apple Audio/MIDI Setup, like in the speaker setup, I can't change anything here. All channels remain activated.

And in QT Player, no settings at all :-/

What can I do ? Feature is so convenient.

PS : just got the BF Pro, previously had a legacy BF. Not 100% sure 'cause it's not something I do every morning, but I believe I did not have this problem with it. Possible it's a change due to BF Pro ?

Philippe

Hi Matthias,

could you answer to my questions about your answer ? Sorry it was not all clear to me.

Philippe

Install DIGICheck and see if it shows levels on both channels from Core Audio with Loopback active. Works for me. If so the error is somewhere in QT Player.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME