Topic: Fireface 400 jack socket corrosion

Hello,
seems that my trusty FF400 is suffering front the corrosion issues and some of the inputs won't work.

Rme tech support has been helpful and quick in replying emails, but it's not clear to me if the repair is going to be done under warranty even if the unit is too old to be still covered, as stated here

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=10587

Can anyone from RME answer that?

I'm also slightly worried that the corrosion has leaked to other parts causing other issues, it'd been great if RME had issued a warning so that the problem could be tackled in time.

Re: Fireface 400 jack socket corrosion

> Rme tech support has been helpful and quick in replying emails, but it's not clear to me if the repair is going to be done under warranty

Please stay with official support and don't have more people than necessary working on the same case.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Official support was not able to give me a quote on the repair, so can you possibly answer my question?

many thanks

No I can't. Quotes are only given after inspection of the unit.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ok so I've had an official response from you guys.

The unit will not be repaired under warranty starting from 2016, repair cost is in the region of 250 Eur.

Can't say that I'm happy with this, this was a manufacturing problem, if you had issued a statement I would have open the unit lid earlier for inspection.

Especially since I wrote in this very forum about problems I was having in 2015 (none replied).

I don't think I was treated fairly in this occasion, the fault was after all in your manufacturing quality control.

From a product of this price range I expected much more.