Topic: FireFace UCX not recognised / software & driver wont install (Mac)

Hi I cant install any of the drivers or software for the Fireface UCX. Im on Macbook pro Retina running 10.12.6 Sierra. When I open any of the flash updater tools it sees the Fireface but wont let me update - when I click on update it just does nothing. (The current revision is 42 , driver is on 2.19). I also tried using the Fireface USB settings and also the main USB installer but although I go through the installer and then do restart nothing is installed. UCX is connected to computer via USB (i dont have firewire ports only thunderbolt on this macbook). UCX is running with the original power cable. This UCX has been seen working on another computer.

Solutions Ive already tried with no luck:
shutting down macbook and restarting.
Repair file permissions
Security/privacy - allow apps downloaded from store & identified developers
turn off UCX / reconnect.
Different USB cable.
All the different driver installers

Any solutions for this?

Thanks

2 (edited by Bwoon 2018-01-13 13:21:14)

Re: FireFace UCX not recognised / software & driver wont install (Mac)

Hi,
have u seen your UCX working on another machine? Mac or PC?
I tried to install it to the other computer and nothing. The firmware update does nothing. I use win10 latest version. In that case it wont matter if it is mac or pc.
Check my topic aswell.
https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=26546

Firmware 42 is 4 years old. Did you check that the UCX is not set to Class Compliant mode? Then it would work, but without Settings, FUT and TM FX...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Thanks - yes it works in Class Compliant mode. However this is obviously not ideal as I would like to use TM FX etc.
How can I update the driver/ install software? Any suggestions? Thanks

Or update the firmware? would I need to use a different computer maybe?

The manual explains how to deactivate CC mode. Chapter 31.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I have deactivated CC mode but it still wont update the firmware. The other main thing is that the software will not install correctly. I go through the install process and then restart but every time none of the apps or driver appear in the system on in my library. Is there anything else I can do?

Please try https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/dr … ac_303.zip

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi I have tried that version but I still have the same problem with the software not installing. I can upgrade to High Sierra would that help or something else? thanks

Great!! Ive got it working. When I upgraded to High Sierra it gave me the option to allow RME in security / system preferences. This option didnt show up on Sierra. TotalMix etc then installed and I was then also able to use the update tool to update the UCX firmware. Phew!