1 (edited by SigiZ58 2018-01-18 15:50:36)

Topic: FF800 WDM Settings ?

Hi,

got my new (used) FF800 today and installed the Drivers. On the Setting page there can be set the numbers of WDM Devices (only).
On my HDSP Settings (HDSP 9652) or the MADI Settings (Digiface USB) I get a dialog box instead where I can choose WHICH channels I want to use as WDM device and another page where I can choose of these should be mapped as speakers.

Why is this not implemented in the Fireface settings ? Any chance it will come ?

Regards

Re: FF800 WDM Settings ?

Other driver, other capabilities.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by SigiZ58 2018-01-19 11:30:22)

This was meant to be answered by the RME Crew. Only they know why it has not been implemented in the FF - setings. (yet?).

I do not get why the WDM configuration Settings should not be easy to implement in the Fireface Settings Taskbar Application. Maybe it is not so common that somebody uses the 3 different types (Madi,HDSP,Fireface) parallel so that this difference is so obvious (They use 3 different taskbar apps). it looks that the Fireface Settings in the windwos taskbar does not allow this. But it would relate to the newer Interfaces (UCX,UC 802) also.. But I have none of these to check....

As I said, the Digiface USB Comes with the MADI taskbar plugin and there the WDM configurations are available. This seems not to be an issue of the device but related to the implementation of the taskbar plugin.

Thank you

May I polite repeat my question to Daniel Fuchs or other RME Staff member ? :-)

When will we see a WDM Configuration page in Fireface Settings that can enable/disable specific inputs/outputs as Windows devices ?

thank you.

We have no plans to add this feature to the FireWire driver, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Oohhh - but thank you for the reply.
I really hope it will come nevertheless because it is really helpful - at least for me :-)
And finally it makes the look and feel of the product lines more homogene...