Topic: Is there a definitive Macbook to buy for all RME USB units?

Our 2010 Macbook Pro will need upgrading soon.  We're looking for a reliable machine to use with various USB2/3 RME units (MADIface Pro, FF UFX, FF UC and old Babyface).

Is the most basic Macbook a viable option at all?  Or will we have to get a Macbook Pro?  Does the configuration of connections make a difference (15" vs 17", touchbar etc)?  Or perhaps the Macbook Air is a safer bet with native USB ports (despite facing discontinuation)?  Or a non-Apple notebook altogether?

After various searches on this forum, I understand Apple and third party USB-C adapters have been causing a number of issues, some of which have been solved by firmware and OSX updates.  It's difficult to know whether to stick with Apple for the next investment so we'd appreciate any general guidance from RME or other pro users...

Eastwood Records
www.eastwoodrecords.co.uk

Re: Is there a definitive Macbook to buy for all RME USB units?

Further to my last question, does anyone successfully use the Macbook with a single USB-C port for charging and recording multitrack audio via one of RME's USB devices?

Eastwood Records
www.eastwoodrecords.co.uk

Re: Is there a definitive Macbook to buy for all RME USB units?

While this topic is open, I'm also looking for a Mac laptop that works well with Pro Tools.   
The 2012 MBP is a good option for Pro Tools.  If that works well with UFX+, then I'll go with it.