Topic: SMPTE synchronization with UFX

Hi!
The UFX would be my ideal choice of interface for a project I'm doing but I can't figure out two things:
-is it possible to receive SMPTE with it from an external device (in "insterface mode, i.e. connected to a Mac running Digital Performer) and if yes, how?
-Is it possible to then bounce 10 audio tracks from DP and let DURec play them back, synch with external SMPTE?

If so, that'd be genius; I could edit my stuff to video and when everything is ok, lock all tracks and let the interface do the playback without the possibility of the operator playing around with levels...

Thanks for your help!

J.S.

Re: SMPTE synchronization with UFX

Both cases no. You need an external synchronizer to slave the UFX to SMPTE.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks Matthias. Any suggestion as to what kind of box would let me do that? And is my idea of playback with only the interface feasable? The client is adamant everything should be unchangeable once it's in the box.
Cheers!

J.S.

MC wrote:

Both cases no. You need an external synchronizer to slave the UFX to SMPTE.

Just to revive this thread, is it not possible to feed SMPTE as LTC to one of the analogue inputs on the UFX and then sync the DAW to this signal?

Eastwood Records
www.eastwoodrecords.co.uk

If your DAW software does that - sure, but then it would work with any interface like that.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

If your DAW software does that - sure, but then it would work with any interface like that.

Okay.  What if you dedicated a DURec channel to LTC?

Eastwood Records
www.eastwoodrecords.co.uk