Topic: Buffer Size (Latency) Errors x/y meaning?

May I ask what exactly does this field display? It starts with 0/0 but later happens to be, say 0/14 or 1/14. What does it mean exactly?

Re: Buffer Size (Latency) Errors x/y meaning?

That the hardware detected transmission errors, and that your USB port is not working as it should, resulting in drop outs, clicks or cracks. The second number refers to errors that usually can be corrected, the first number to non-correctable errors.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

How is it on the UFX+ ? There are 3 numbers above the CRC counters: x | y | z.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

4 (edited by pianopictures 2018-02-10 14:16:29)

@ramses
I thought it is the same for all USB drivers/devices. I was talking about Babyface Pro - two digits for error reporting divided by a slash, in the driver window.

@MC
Thank you very much. I set the latency very low. I often see the second number go quite up when watching YouTube, etc. while the first one stays at zero. Also, strangely enough, I can hear a click, while playing MIDI live, but no changes in the error report, it can be still 0/0. I'm more interested in it for testing purposes, nor that I have real problem, at least for the moment. I have this errors while heavily multitasking on my modest specs PC. If I switch everything off it is fine then.

Clicks can also (and most do) happen outside the hardware - in the DAW to driver transmission (ASIO buffers). Easy to check, set them too low - clicks, but no hardware errors.

The meaning of the the two or three numbers is completely irrelevant, other than no error should show up at all. Cable problems under USB 3 sometimes show up as CRC transmission errors, that 's whay there are two more infos below the error numbers.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME