Topic: Fireface 800 External Output Problems

Hey all,

Have been troubleshooting this all weekend and have been unable to come up with a fix. Recently purchased a second hand Fireface 800 and all had been going quite well until I finally got around to using the additional outputs to route to my old Teac 4 track and an MPC.

Outputs 3,4,5 and 8 don't seem to send signal from their respective outputs on the Fireface even though it shows that it's sending in Totalmix. 1,2, 6, 7, 9 and 10 seem to be fine. I'm still getting my head around TotalMix so it's possible I've missed something, but I'm pretty sure it's all setup as it should be as some of the outputs are still functioning. Is this a common issue and easy/inexpensive fix? I see there's an Australian service centre in Melbourne but I'm located in Sydney and wondering if anyone could recommend someone locally if it's likely to require repairs.

Many thanks!

Re: Fireface 800 External Output Problems

Is there zero signal or just a very low volume signal? I would predict that the output caps are blown and need to be replaced, which is not a big deal.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Fireface 800 External Output Problems

MC wrote:

Is there zero signal or just a very low volume signal? I would predict that the output caps are blown and need to be replaced, which is not a big deal.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply! Yeah, zero output unfortunately, thought it may be the output caps. I’ve emailed support + the Melbourne contact. Hopefully can sort something out locally smile