Topic: Babtface pro: Odd Buffer problem, thx for any help

Buffer setting at 128 samples (or under (96..64 etc) selecting different tracks in Cubase pro, in the arrange window is smooth and flawless.

Buffer setting at 256 (or higher (512, 1024 etc) introduces clicks and audio instability when selecting different tracks.

Windows 10, big machine i7 8th gen, 32 Gig rams.
Babyface pro latest driver and firmware.

thanks for any help.

Re: Babtface pro: Odd Buffer problem, thx for any help

Still happening with asio guard off? If no it is a plugin or synth reacting to the asio guard buffer chance. VEP is known for doing that.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

Vinark... you put the finger right on it.. thanks a bunch!
Superior Drummer 3, Keyscape, among some others, are reacting bad with Asio-Guard.
I tried changing the buffer, cache, preloads settings on these vsti without success so... no more Asio-Guard for me.
Thanks again.

You can disable per plugin in the plugin manager. Works great here!

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

cool, will check that out

6 (edited by Timur Born 2018-03-28 10:41:48)

The worst problem I saw with ASIO Guard was when instead of simple dropouts it produced pure silence, even worse at bigger settings than lower. I would rather prefer a few clicks or distortions compared to that.

Timur Born wrote:

The worst problem I saw with ASIO Guard was when instead of simple dropouts it produced pure silence, even worse at bigger settings than lower. I would rather prefer a few clicks or distortions compared to that.

Thanks for the info.

Although I have to say that ASIO Guard set to "normal" never caused issues and served me well in projects with VSTs.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13