Topic: Choose between Input 1 & 2 when given no choice

hi there,

this is probably a dumb question, but is there a way when a non professional music app like for example Skype, only lets you choose "Baby Face Pro 1+2" as my Mic Input, and I have a mic on both 1 and 2... Is there a way other than disconnecting one or turning the gain all the way down on one to specify which one is going to end up being used?

thanks

2 (edited by pianopictures 2018-03-28 03:29:19)

Re: Choose between Input 1 & 2 when given no choice

Windows?

In Total Mix FX use, say, AS 1/2 out, route one mic there (pan it center), set the Loopback for AS 1/2, set AS 1/2 as the default input in Windows Sound Settings (in Skype). Don't forget to set the required number of WDM devices in the driver.

Hmm. yeah I'm on Windows.... I feel like I'm probably already setup how you're describing and just don't realize it.

In like Studio One for example, I choose Baby Face Pro 1+2 as the input, then specify just Left to get the mic on Input 1 or just Right to get the Mic on Input 2. But on Skype, or this podcast app called Ringr, the only option I have is that Baby Face Pro 1+2... I can't choose Left or Right. It DOES seem to specifically only select the mic on 1, which is great.... That's actually what I want... It's just since I can't manually specify it I always worry that it's gonna randomly pick Input 2 out of that pair.

My description is quite different from your setup actually.

Oh yeah you're using Loopback which I haven't dug into at all yet... Hmm...