Topic: Only a few channels will arm on the DAW.

I can set up with about 8 channels that all work  perfectly in Totalmix but in the DAW it will only arm 3 or 4 then just refuses. The 3 or 4 work OK.  I'm currently using Reaper but the same thing happened with Garage Band.
I'm using an early 2011 Mac book Pro with SSD and lots of RAM.

Re: Only a few channels will arm on the DAW.

Which RME device is this? Have you checked the Reaper audio settings to make sure all available channels are active/selectable?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

It's a Fireface 800 using the Firewire cable. What setting in Reaper would stop it from arming a channel that I just created? Also I don't think it is related to any particular input of the Fireface, or the order that I arm them. It's more like the first 3 or 4 will work but next one that I try to arm just greys out.
I'll have another look at the settings tonight after work.  I'm in Western Australia.

I can't find any issue with channels not being selectable or active.  I set them all up the same  way.  It just seems to set is own limit on how many it will arm.  Any ideas anyone?

Maybe 2 things to try out:

1) reset TM FX via "options -> reset mix" submenue ...
2) DAW mode, whether it makes a difference

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13