Topic: ADI-2 Pro: PEQ preset names not displayed after loading a profile

Hi,

I experienced an unexpected behaviour in the EQ section that irritates me.

After loading an ADI-2 Pro setup and hitting the "EQ" knob I would expect to see the number/name of the PEQ preset
that has been stored together with the ADI-2 Pro profile, in my case i.e.: "17: NOS Comp     17"

But instead of this I see in the display: "Preset Select: Manual"

This makes it very difficult to check afterwards, whether the proper PEQ presets have been chosen and stored for Main Output 1/2 and Phones 3/4.

I am currently trying out different Filter / PEQ settings inspired by this thread: https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=26952

So I have 3 different ADI-2 Pro setups between which I change
- SD Sharp / no PEQ // preset 3: "Neutral/Off"
- NOS / PEQ NOS compensation in Band 5 // preset 17 "NOS comp"
- SLOW / PEQ SLOW compensation in Band 5 // preset 16 "SLOW comp"

When going through all these 3 setups to cross-check the settings for
- Main Output 1/2 and
- Phones 3/4
then its currently really difficult to make sure, that the proper PEQ preset has been chosen,
as the preset name is currently not being displayed and instead of this only "Manual".

Would it perhaps be possible to change this ?
That would make operation with EQ preset and different setups so much easier, many thanks upfront.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: ADI-2 Pro: PEQ preset names not displayed after loading a profile

Unfortunately I don't think we can change this, as it would break more than it would fix.

Let me explain the current scheme first: EQs are NOT stored in a Setup, they are independently stored as 20 settings. As mentioned in the manual the current (!) EQ settings are stored in a Setup, and loaded when a Setup is loaded. To do this without breaking something they are activated within the Memory slot Manual slot.

If we would not store/restore those settings in Manual but store just the current EQ preset number and name and load these via a Setup activation, you would loose the EQ settings for this Setup as soon as you edit the corresponding EQ preset.

Just taking over the name is also breaking the scheme, as the name MUST be Manual, as this is the current memory slot used.

I think the problem is not a serious one. Just give the Setup a name that clearly indicates which filter/EQ gets loaded, then you always know what happened.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: ADI-2 Pro: PEQ preset names not displayed after loading a profile

MC wrote:

I think the problem is not a serious one. Just give the Setup a name that clearly indicates which filter/EQ gets loaded, then you always know what happened.

I understand and for normal operation you are 100% right and works really like a charm.

In this particular case I stumbled over this, as I needed to compare 3 different combinations of DA-filter and PEQ setting:
- SD Sharp / no EQ
- SLOW / PEQ compensation in B5
- NOS / PEQ compensation in B5

I had to store each of them in a profile of its own.

And then it happened, I wanted to validate that I picked the correct PEQ filter.
For SD Shart of course it was easy, no EQ you can quickly see wink
The courves for SLOW and NOS compensation also differ but you need to look more closely.
If you press EQ button to validate, then "Manual" was not helpful, I had really to check the EQ courve itself.

But I agree with you, these are rare cases, thus not dramatic.
Its more important that there is this really nice functionality now, that you can sweep through the "EQ library" by one knob and that the names are displayed then, if I remember right this was also one of the nice features that came from you later by firmware upgrade. From handling perspective really cool.

Ok, thanks, so lets forget about this one wink

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13