1 (edited by nautilusES 2018-03-25 06:57:04)

Topic: Babyface with ipad

Hi guys,

I recently purchased a used babyface. ( not baby face pro) . Ive been trying to get it to work with my iPad as described in all the vids on youtube but no matter what I try it won’t work.

Babyface has power, (split from iPad charger as per video)
Ipad is registering that it’s plugged in, (via Apple brand camera kit) because if I take it out of cc mode it gives me the “not supported” message.

I have previously used my UFX with the same iPad. Total mix still says “fire face ufx not connected” but will not register the baby face. 
Drivers are current. Ipad is fairly current model.

What am I doing wrong?

Re: Babyface with ipad

Turns out, the output from the iPad is working. All apps, iTunes , garage banD outputs  all working through Babyface but no input signal. TotalMix however will not recognise the Babyface. Device ID says FIREFACE UFX DISCONNECTED...

Maybe outdated firmware on the Babyface?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Newest drivers for sure downloaded yesterday. I managed to get inputs working in garage band, but still no love from totalmix.
Thanks fox the reply!

Firmware is not drivers...which firmware version is in the BF now?

Is this the current TotalMix FX iPad app from the App Store?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi sorry I’ve been away a few days.

Turns out firmware was version 204, we have just updated it to 223. Now totalmix on the pc recognises the babyface but now neither the iPad totalmix or GarageBand will recognise the babyface whatsoever....
Thanks

Because you forgot to switch it back into CC mode?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

No response in cc mode or otherwise ...