Topic: ADI-2, USB and SPDIF

Hello,

I love the idea of the ADI-2 Pro, but I really would like a second stereo output - independent of 1 & 2. If I am connecting the ADI-2 Pro to the PC via USB, can I connect another interface (like the ADI-2 DAC) via the SPDIF optical and achieve an output 3 & 4? Or, does the USB only carry I/O 1 & 2 and that's it?

Thanks!

Re: ADI-2, USB and SPDIF

Follow up question: Or, would it be easier to get the API-2 Pro and use S/PDIF to the HDSPe AIO, and then add an expansion board (AO4S-192 AIO)?

Also, I believe I made an error when I mentioned S/PDIF optical. How should one connect (via S/PDIF) the ADI-2 Pro and the HDSPe AIO?

From rme website;
As a computer interface the ADI-2 Pro offers a multichannel mode (6 in / 8 out).

2 stereo analogue outs an 2 digital

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

Thanks vinark. Do you know if Multi-channel Mode is supported via the USB port?

I just found this:

"In all modes all input signals are sent over USB to the host. In multi-channel mode three separate stereo pairs, in stereo mode only the stereo analog input. USB Playback channels 3/4 can only be monitored in multi-channel mode. In stereo mode selecting USB 3/4 plays channels 1/2."

I think I have the final answer - in case this saves anyone any time. In Multi-Channel Mode, USB will transport 1/2, as well as 3/4, ADAT (5/6), and S/PDIF (7/8). The issue is that 3/4 can ONLY be monitored via Phones output PH 3/4. So, if you want this to function as a 4 Analog Out USB interface, you need to use PH 3/4 unbalanced jack on the front of the unit. For 1/2, you have a choice of Main Outs or PH 1/2.