1 (edited by Nikki 2017-12-06 15:27:58)

Topic: Problems with Macbook Pro 2016 and RME Fireface UC

Hi,
I'm having problems using a RME Fireface UC with my Macbook pro (OS X El Capitain 10.11.6). While playing sound in apps like Logic X, Ableton and Itunes, there is a regular stutter/bit:ish-sounding (or possibly distortion but don't see any red leds in TotalMix?) problem. Tried upping the buffer size in Logic X, tried updating drivers, changing bitrate settings in RME Settings, levels in TotalMix, restarting soundcard, etc etc. but no luck!

Has anyone else ran into the same problem, and what was the solution?

Best,
Nikki

Re: Problems with Macbook Pro 2016 and RME Fireface UC

Join the club, I have the same issue. It sounds like bit crushing / stuttering right? It happens randomly and and when it happens you could change the bufferrate or restart the soundcard and then it is good for a few minutes after which it happens again?

I already did some research and nobody seems to have a solution for this issue here.

Hi there ...
any news? here it´s the same. came from one day to the other ...
Since 3 days I´m short before a nervous breakdown.
Before this, everything was absolutely fine ... And I changed nothing..!!
My CPU Usage is at 100% and the rest as you mentioned.

Unfortunately no good news sad Gave up on trying to use the RME with my computer! I feel your pain!!

have you emailed support? maybe missed your posts here.
Sorry i cant help (am on windows) and all fine

_

RME HDSP9652 | | RME Digiface USB

Look here: https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=26881, similar reports and, hesitantly, a commitment from RME to investigate.