Topic: ADI-2 Pro. Totalmix and Remote control

Hello,
Why ADI-2 Pro don't have Totalmix. Maybe in the near future we see topic from RME like "surprise for Babyface"?
ADI-2 Pro have preamp and head amp functional.
Why don't be added remote control? I have SPL Phonitor 2 and remote is very usable option.
its possible to add this in the next hardware release?

Re: ADI-2 Pro. Totalmix and Remote control

None of this will happen. Apart from the missing resources the unit has been designed intentionally without TotalMix and remote.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you MC.
RME please add to ADI-2+ these options in the future.

Option: plus mic preamps, voila, a new recording interface with creme de la creme converters wink

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

Option: plus mic preamps, voila, a new recording interface with creme de la creme converters wink

this would be the best 2/2 Interface on the market!

6 (edited by vinark 2018-04-19 09:33:30)

I think it is very realistic of RME not to create that (ADI2pro+micamp+totalmix). To build mic preamps that are on par with this converter quality is really to expensive. To build a studio that is quiet enough is even more expensive.
The misconception is that this better conversion leads to anything meaningful in all situations, better accuracy. But it does not. It is all about the accuracy you need for a given source. If the source has a noise floor of -80db you don't need 120db capable converters. If your mic has 1% distortion you don't need 0.0001% from your interface. Yes if you record at a scoring stage with an orchestra and a piece with tremendous dynamic range, you will need top notch equipment, but I guess this is not RME's target market. But listening to these recordings with the ADI2 pro/dac is what it is all about.
It is very interesting that we like the non linearity of analogue  and are obsessed with perfect converters. Yes in the beginning of digital it was a little harsh because of the used Nyquist filters, but from I believe the third generation of cd converters that was much better.
I understand (and have myself) of course the need to have every link in the chain the best it can be, but I think converter quality is really to high already to worry (obsess) about.
So in my opinion the ADI2pro+ = the babyface pro. Or if you want best DA per se, get anything plus the ADI2 dac.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

7 (edited by ramses 2018-04-19 17:37:17)

But don't forget, if your speakers or phones have the capability to "deliver" then you will notice changes which you were previously not aware of.

Go to a good sorted HiFi booth .. listen to ie. Gauder Berlina RC 3 and above or B&W 803D3 and above
Then you will notice differencies between different HiFi Amps in the price range between €4000 - €7000 easily.

I think this is only possible to achieve when all components do their job very well, part of that is quality of
D/A converters, clock stability, circuit design ...

Otherwise I agree on what you say vinark, that a combination of ADI-2 Pro and i.e. UCX is maybe
simply too expensive for the typical buyer, not to speak of the difficulties of implementation
having to use even bigger FPGAs and to keep the total quality on part including the Preamps.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13