Topic: [Solved] ADI-2 DAC ignores first few button clicks from remote

Hello,

Not sure if this is normal or if it's unique to my particular remote control and DAC, but if the remote has not been used (clicked) for about 45 minutes or longer, it requires several button clicks on the remote before the DAC 'wakes up' and responds. Once that occurs additional button clicks produce an immediate response from the DAC.

At first I thought the issue may have been related to insufficient button pressure or inaccurate aiming of the remote, but that is not the case. It is definitely a function of the amount of time since the remote was last used.

Not a big deal, but wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Thanks,
Dale

Re: [Solved] ADI-2 DAC ignores first few button clicks from remote

No, works immediately here. Which Firmware do you use ? I have v20.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Using v20 here as well.

I would suspect the remote to be faulty here.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

RESOLVED - and responding to my own post:

I suspect that there was an intermittent connection with the battery in the remote. I removed the battery, and measured the voltage at 3.049 Vdc so no problem there, and also buffed the battery casing with a dry cloth. While the battery was out, I examined the contact points that connect to the battery as it is pushed into the case and it looked and felt like the spring-loaded 'wire' that contacts the edge of the battery was not applying very much pressure to the side of the battery, so I carefully nudged it outward just a bit, and then re-inserted the battery. The remote is now working perfectly, with no missed clicks.

Not sure whether it was wiping the battery case, or increasing the contact pressure that did the trick, but it's working great now.

Thanks for the responses.

Dale