Topic: RME ufx USB not working

Hi I can connect to my computer through Firewire but not USB, what should I try to resolve this issue?

is there a way to remove the usb drivers???

Intel Core i7 3930K @ 3.20GHz
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 LE (LGA2011)
32.0GB DDR3 @ 842MHz (9-10-9-27)
3072MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 / HD 7900 Series (ATI)
465GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB (SSD)
476GB ADATA SX900 (SSD)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
RME Ufx

2 (edited by ramses 2018-04-26 21:36:13)

Re: RME ufx USB not working

Check other USB cable, try every USB port, use preferrably USB ports which come from intel chipset, avoid USB ports from ASMEDIA chipset. There is no need to remove USB drivers. Install latest USB / Firewire drivers. Check that your UFX has latest firmware. Flashing firmware works only via USB... You can also try to connect to an USB3 port, here also best from chipset, avoid ASMEDIA USB3 ports.

What USB/Fw driver versions do you use, whats the firmware of the device.

If USB fails further get Sonnet add on card, either USB3-PRO-4PM-E or the cheaper one with FL1100 USB3 chips.

There are several threads in this forum where I explain about the advantages of these cards.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Whenever I get this issue on the Tech hotline, the UFX unit was set to Class Compliant mode.

Remove USB and FireWire cable from the UFX. Press SETUP/REV. Turn encoder 1 until Options appears in the display. Turn encoder 2 until Hardware/Diagnosis appears. Push encoder 2 several times to move down and select the entry CC Mode. Turn encoder 2 to switch CC mode on (or off). The UFX reboots, all LEDs light up, after which it will be in/out of Class Compliant mode.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Is there a way to highlight CC mode in the display ?
The status line seems to have some free space on the left

........ Main  0.0  INT  44.1

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

5 (edited by cossy 2018-04-30 14:25:15)

Jeff wrote:

Whenever I get this issue on the Tech hotline, the UFX unit was set to Class Compliant mode.

Remove USB and FireWire cable from the UFX. Press SETUP/REV. Turn encoder 1 until Options appears in the display. Turn encoder 2 until Hardware/Diagnosis appears. Push encoder 2 several times to move down and select the entry CC Mode. Turn encoder 2 to switch CC mode on (or off). The UFX reboots, all LEDs light up, after which it will be in/out of Class Compliant mode.

Thank you for the quick reply it is apreciated, I am trying to follow the instructions however when I get to  Turn encoder 2 to switch CC mode on (or off). The UFX reboots, '' - my UFX is not automaticly rebooting? is this a manual reboot?

thanks

update, after changing a few more setting like the cc routting to headphones, it finnaly rebooted on its own.

however no cigar. the USB light does not turn on when i connect it by usb.

I do have the latest updates
total FX 1.43
SW ver. 1.61
Driver ver. 3.123

tried all the usb 2 and 3 ports on my rig, used a different usb cable from Machine studio, it did not light up the usb light.

could i try a complete reset, or is that playing with fire? as I may not be able to flash it again!?

is there any other alternative to figure out what is wrong with my USB port?

Seems like a hardware issue, please contact your local distributor for help with a check up.

http://www.rme-audio.de/en/support.php

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.