Topic: Fireface 800 + Windows 10: pops, full-blown noise

Recently I experience severe problems with the fireface on my Windows 10 laptop. When loading a new set in Ableton 10, I often hear a short, very loud "pop" sound. Sometimes there is this short digital noise when the set is running.
Today I was not able to change the channel bandwith from "all" to any other bandwidth, like "analog 8 and spdif". There was just a horrible stuttering noise at maximum volume when I chose any other bandwidth than "all".
I reinstalled the latest rme fireface driver and rebooted two times, after that it was possible to change the bandwidth of the fireface.
I got this horrible stuttering noise today, too, when closing Bitwig.

Does anyone experience similiar problems with the fireface 800 and Windows 10? Maybe there was a Windows update which causes these problems? When this would happen at a live gig, either the PA or the hearing of the audience will be destroyed... :-(

The fireface is connected like this: Laptop - USB-C to thunderbolt adapter - Thunderbolt to firewire adapter - fireface

Peter

Apple 16" MacBook Pro M1Max 10Core 32GB RAM; RME fireface 800; Behringer ADA8200; Line6 Helix)