Topic: Folder based Player

Can anyone recommend a folder based music player for windows that will work fine with RME ?

Re: Folder based Player

I can recommend 2 products to you supporting ASIO drivers: MusicBee and FooBar.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I tried them both, but for some reason I can´t get what I want which is a player that would navigate nicely over my big library of music which is organized by folders and alphabetically.

Sorry, but it sounds to me that you did something wrong then.
Especially MusicBee is very powerful, has search capabilities, Play Lists and Auto Play Lists, you can navigate through folders.
Like with many powerful programs you should give yourself some time to see whats all possible.
You have even a built-in UpnP/DLNA server and RemoteControl capability by plugin.
Or can perform any form of format conversion to prepare content for other devices
or even automatcially synchronize with Smartphone, etc etc... All is possible.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thank you for the answer. I will give it a second try then smile

Foobar2000 with the Facets component. You can very comfortable navigate through your folders (I don't know how to attach a screenshot here...)

7 (edited by ramses 2018-05-25 21:48:21)

folkfreak wrote:

I don't know how to attach a screenshot here...)

Place JPG file onto dropbox, share the file, copy the resulting URL to copy buffer, paste the URL into your posting here, replace at the end of the URL "dl=0" by "dl=1", enclose the URL using "img" tags ( -> "[img]URLdl=1[/img]" ).

no, thanks

9 (edited by pschelbert 2018-05-26 19:58:39)

the way the players work is with TAGS.
Folders are not relevant.

How it works:

-The player sceens all TAGS in your musicfile and creates a database
-Then all displays are accroding to attributes in TAGS
-Whatwever view you want may be possible, not only "folders"

Folders do not play any role.

TAGS are with fileformats ALAC, flac, mp3

Consequence: no need to sort music in folders.

Peter

I understand, but it makes it very difficult for me. I have a very big collection of albums ordered alphabetically in folders and I would like a player that allows me to navigate through them nicely.
The best option if found so far is Clementine, but still it is not good enough I think.

Thank you for all your answers

11 (edited by ramses 2018-05-27 12:45:35)

In MusicBee you have a left navigation pane ... There you see Computer - Own Music ... and there you have your folder.

Or create an Auto Play List like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsu8dwl90atz7tj/2018-05-27%20MusicBee%20FLAC-AUTO-A.jpg?dl=1

I just tried with Jriver.

Under "Audio", right mouse click:
-add library view
-select: Disc location

now you have your audio files sorted how you have your folders

The other views still are there, can be veiews by:  album , artist etc or whatever you configure