Topic: Should the BF Pro get noticeably warmer than room temp?

Hello. I live in Israel and it can often get over 30 degrees Celsius during summer where I'm at. When using the Babyface Pro for a couple of hours during average winter days (10-15 degrees), it won't get especially warm to touch, but on hotter days (considering I don't always run the AC) it can get quite a bit warmer (to touch, I didn't measure it yet) than it is prior to usage. It's obviously not burning hot, but it may get similar to what some smartphones running a heavy game for an hour or so may feel around the battery area.

Is that normal and safe for the Babyface? Is it perhaps expected but you advice on turning AC  on when using the BF Pro during 30+ degrees Celsius days?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Should the BF Pro get noticeably warmer than room temp?

It's no problem but confirms the nicely working heat dissipation from PCB to housing, so the electroinics get less hot, extending lifetime.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

It's no problem but confirms the nicely working heat dissipation from PCB to housing, so the electroinics get less hot, extending lifetime.

Oh, of course it's better the outside feeling hot than the inside just accumulating it even further; I made some research before buying my current smartphone and some reviewers who made "temperature tests" talked positively about how (phone being reviewed) got to ~50 degrees internally but you barely feel it outside, even more so with the case added. I just thought that is bad for the phone's internals.

But my question is more about how much heat is expected to be generated in the first place?

That is too unspecific to be answered correctly. It depends too much of the enviornment temperature, direct lights/heat sources, moved air and so on.

As long as it works it can't be wrong (or defective).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

That is too unspecific to be answered correctly. It depends too much of the enviornment temperature, direct lights/heat sources, moved air and so on.

As long as it works it can't be wrong (or defective).

There is no direct sunlight, only relatively high air temperature on hotter days. The question is whether it's been tested for operation at 30 something degrees Celsius and whether an acceptable internal temperature range has been established? If it was hotter than room temperature at the casing, I assume the internal circuitry would be at least as hot, so it might be 40+.