1 (edited by Plsmk 2018-05-29 16:10:22)

Topic: Digiface USB not memorizing Totalmix Settings

What do I need to do so that the RME Digiface stores and memorizes all Totalmix settings?

Today, Totalmix returns to its default setting every time I power on the computer (Macbook Pro) + Digiface.

I did "save" the settings in Totalmix and selected "store in device", but this didn't help.

Thanks

Re: Digiface USB not memorizing Totalmix Settings

Store the settings in snapshots, save snapshots and workspace.
In preferences set "Always init DSP device with TotalMix FX settings" to get a proper startup.

https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … rnal-equi/

https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … al-Videos/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by Plsmk 2018-05-29 21:40:58)

The new Digiface USB. I did save the settings to a snapshot and then saved the whole workspace. Still, the device would load default settings upon reboot. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

TM stores the current state on shutdown in a specific file to load it on next start. Check the file's date and presence, something seems blocked on your computer.

Is this on MacOS?

/Users/username/Library/Preferences/RME TotalMix FX/

There you find all the files.

Under the latest Mac OS the User/Library folder is not visible in the Finder. To unhide it start Finder, click on the menu item Go. Hold down the option (alt) key, then click on Library.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

It does recall the settings now when I open TotalMix. Thanks for that.

Is there a way for the Digiface to remember those settings even when it runs in standalone mode (without connection to a computer)? I want to use a certain routing of Adat Ins and Outs without a computer. But as of now, this doesn't work

There is no memory within the unit. It has not been designed for stand-alone operation, otherwise it would have got a power socket.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME