Topic: Closing "Fireface Settings" is crashing windows

since i got 2 firefaces 400 chained together, the fireface settings tool is crashing windows10 if i close the fireface settings window after i altered the settings of the second fireface.

i got crazy gfx errors with blocks that look like massive jpeg errors  o_O

help!

Re: Closing "Fireface Settings" is crashing windows

More details about the setup, the driver installed, and the Firewire connection in use, please....

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by av23 2018-06-01 13:03:49)

latest driver / firmware from the page for the fireface

onboard vs TexasInst. Chipset or normal vs legacy driver doesnt change anything.. tried it all.

one unit works fine.

i just connect Fireface(2) to the free firewireport on the back of Fireface(1) and thats it ... right?!

i also experience crackles in the audio stream after 5 min with asio drivers in use ....

You should connect both units separately to FW. Did you sync them as explained in the manual?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

i cannot find the auto sync option in the latest fireface settings ... i have to sync them via wordclock?
this would explain why both units drift away and start crackling... where do i find network cables from the last middle ages ..

found a lightpipe and adat sync fixed the crackles .... what could i do about the OS KILLING fireface settings window?