Topic: RME UCX loopbacks Zero Latency and Ableton

Hello there,

I decided to post on this forum as i am looking for some advice. I have successfully setup the loopback function in Total Mix. My output 5/6 are receiving some inputs via Loopback. All my synths are sending signal to 5/6 and i can record in Ableton using the input 5/6 by increasing or lowering the faders directly in Total Mix. That's great.

BUT

When i record say a monosynth in Ableton with monitoring set to 'OFF' and i zoom in on the grid i can see 1 m/s latency approximately each time. Is this due to the conversion happening in the RME UCX ? My idea of direct monitoring via TotalMix and Loopback was to eliminate completely any latency in recording.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thank you for reading !

Alex

Re: RME UCX loopbacks Zero Latency and Ableton

Direct hardware monitoring happens in the UCX. It does not pass the USB/Firewire bus, so no latency. If you send audio through the bus you will always add some latency. You need to add manually negative offset in the track to correct this.

Regards,
Audio AG Support

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried all day to sort this out. I try to put -1.00ms in the Track Delay but it doesnt change anything sad. I also tried to use plugin VST to delay the audio track. It doesnt work sad.

Any ideas ?

4 (edited by ramses 2018-06-20 17:56:29)

Do you play this in life via Master Keyboard or is the midi data already on a track in the DAW which triggers the VSTi ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

A bit more complex....

I have a MPC 3000 that sends midi information to the synthesizer. I use the onboard sequencer. The MPC itself is slaved to an innerclock syncgen (audio pulse which is midi jitter free).

When the audio comes back in Ableton via the loopback inputs, i cannot get rid of this 1m/s latency

Ableton --> Syncgen Pro Innerclock (midi jitter free clock via audio pulse) --> MPC 3000 midi out (normally very tight clock) --> Midi in Synthesizers