Topic: Digiface USB with mbp 2015 10.13.5

Hi

I am installing the 3.08 driver on my new 15" 2015 MacBook Pro (Have done the allow part in privacy settings)

While the driver and mbp works fine with my UCX , it does not work with the Digiface USB
It is not detected. The USB powers the Digiface but the RME settings do not come up.

The Digiface USB is not recognised by system and does not show under USB in the system report.

The Digiface USB works fine with my early 2011 MacBook Pro also running 10.13.5

Any suggestions on how solve this issue?

Thanks!
Peter

Re: Digiface USB with mbp 2015 10.13.5

Have you tried reinstalling the driver? Have you tried other USB ports?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Daniel

Thanks for the fast reply:)

Yes I have reinstalled multiple times, and tried with both available USB ports on the 2015 MacBook Pro.
Tried two different cables.
The Digiface usb works with both the 2011 macbook and studio hackintosh .

+ the 2015 MBP works with the UCX...

Strange!

usb 2.0 vs usb 3.0 maybe?

Strange indeed. I just had 3.08 running with a DF USB. Is that DF USB on firmware version 12?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes, firmvare v12
Still no solution, the USB settings vil not open, and the digiface is not showing in sound preferences . Total Mix FX will open without showing the mixer interface.
Any ideas?

peterhelmss wrote:

Yes, firmvare v12
Still no solution, the USB settings vil not open, and the digiface is not showing in sound preferences . Total Mix FX will open without showing the mixer interface.
Any ideas?

Updated to Mojave and flashed Digiface USB to latest firmware. still the same situation.
What should I do?

Driver updated to 3.15?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for getting back to me:)
Driver on 2015 MBP is 3.14. working no problem with my UCX, Digiface USB is just completely ignored. The 2015 runs fine with a Rostec USB soundcard on the same port.

For the moment Im running the Digiface with my old 2011 MBP in the studio no problem. I would very much like to be able to run it from the 2015 MBP. Do you think 3.15 will do it?
Best regards
Peter

As I have no clue what prevents that system to ignore the DF USB, anything you can do might change the situation. So give 3.15 a try.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME