Topic: UCX, iPad - how do I route to external outputs other than 1/2?

My UCX has just arrived and I can’t see to work out how to get audio out of anywhere other than software playback 1/2 direct to Hardware out 1/2 and copied to 7/8 for headphones. I’d like to be able to get some audio form Auria ( or other apps) to the other UCX outputs to go out to external processing (like my modular synth etc) I think I may be missing something obvious.

David

David Kellett

Re: UCX, iPad - how do I route to external outputs other than 1/2?

with the Software Totalmix, which will be installed with the driver, you can do any routing.
So you can do any playback or input route to any output. Any to any of you want.
Very powerful software to control UCX (and other RME equipment)

In the manual you get info and there are videos which shows how
Totalmix works.

2 things to check:

In the iPad App TotalMix FX, you can change the CC mode for some units, either 2 in / 2 out or multichannel

Some apps only use the first two channels and you would need to use TotalMix to route to a different output. Auria can use all I/O channels.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

2 things to check:

In the iPad App TotalMix FX, you can change the CC mode for some units, either 2 in / 2 out or multichannel

Some apps only use the first two channels and you would need to use TotalMix to route to a different output. Auria can use all I/O channels.

THAnks very much Jeff - I found on settings “Output Channel Vount” made it multichannel and that made the all the output channels work in Auria. So I can put apps into Auria and direct their audio out of the interface so that’s good. None of my synths apps (Like the Wolfgang Palm ones) seem to give me any option other than direct 1/2 output like iTunes.

David Kellett

pschelbert wrote:

with the Software Totalmix, which will be installed with the driver, you can do any routing.
So you can do any playback or input route to any output. Any to any of you want.
Very powerful software to control UCX (and other RME equipment)

In the manual you get info and there are videos which shows how
Totalmix works.

Thanks pschelbert - that’s on Mac which I’m used to with my Fireface 800. It’s a bit different on the iPad.

David Kellett

Also make sure you have the latest firmware CC 13:

V 46/260/27/CC13: Sample rates 176.4 and 192 kHz removed from CC mode to regain multichannel compatibility with Auria.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME