Topic: BabyFace and Horrific Noise

Every time I disconnect my Babyface I always have a huge problem reconnecting. I have to switch around usb devices until the driver once again lets the card function. Today I have had the worst time yet. It will just make a terrible noise in every usb input in my computer. Has anybody had this issue? I really would have liked to get some work done but have had no success. It just screams bloody murder. The latest updates are installed and the computer shows that it should be functioning correctly by way of the device manager. Please help!

Re: BabyFace and Horrific Noise

A bit vague and unclear. Maybe this info helps:

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=27241

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the link, though it didn't address the issue I am having. I do not use a hub and have plugged directly into every usb slot available on my PC. All other devices work perfectly without issue in every usb socket, two external hard drives, a keyboard controller as well as wireless keyboard and mouse. I have ejected both drives correctly and left everything unconnected but the mouse so as to be able to navigate and have gone through all the usb sockets in the hope that at least one sticks.

When I pull up my DAW my inputs and outputs are all functioning, TotalMix shows everything I need to see, the hardware manager says the unit is in working order and the BabyFace is available, the sound test shows level...but there is the loud bzzzzzzz that is always present
Bringing my ear close to the Babyface I also can hear the noise coming from the unit WITHOUT headphones or my monitors pushing sound.

This is not the first time this is happened but it certainly the most frustrating as this rattling buzzing cannot be tamed after so many attempts of trying every usb input slot numerous times again and again.

So, immediatly after posting the previous, I woke up my computer and plugged the Babyface into one of the usb slots that I have tested at least six times and the one I had tried lastly, and with doing absolutely nothing to try to remedy the the situation, it miraculously functions once again. I would guarantee that if I unplugged it right now correctly and tried to use it again that it would once more fail. Why is this happening? It is such a mystery to me.