1 (edited by tourdesound 2018-07-10 22:26:59)

Topic: Routing changes in totalmixFX? Thunderbolt vs USB?

Today I changed from USB to Thunderbolt with my UFX+

I Was using 1-8 setup as a WDM multichannel device.
Mixing them to outputs in the 1-8 range.
On some of these output channels I used the loopback function to send them to Dante VIA by enabling the WDM 1-8 recording device on the dante network sending the channels to a dante amplifier.

With The usb drivers a maybe slightly older version this went fine.

With The Thunderbolt driver this resulted in horrible internal feedback loop, because the loopback signal mixed back into the WDM channel, this was not the case with the USB driver.

I solved the Thunderbolt problem by assigning the other channels as THE WDM speaker device.

Are these known changes with newer drivers or am I missing some setting?

Is this a new fucntion that the loopback signal is also send to the software inputs and not only the hardware channels.

Re: Routing changes in totalmixFX? Thunderbolt vs USB?

> Is this a new fucntion that the loopback signal is also send to the software inputs and not only the hardware channels.

Loopback has never been send to the 'hardware channels', but always routed the current hardware output signal pre-fader to the software input (record) of the same channel.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ok, but before this "problem" when I turned on loopback I always wondered why I never saw i visual indication of the signal coming back on the return channel.

But now with the new drivers and or thunderbolt connecting, I see the meter indicating a signal on the software channels.

Anyway, it's not a problem anymore I just wanted to share this.

Just discovered it is the RME ASIO source device that send the signal back into the software playback channels. (with loopback enabled).