1 (edited by s.tehranibz 2018-07-25 05:55:00)

Topic: need help figuring out how to connect synth to rme babyface

I have a Korg Volca Fm i just recently bought online and i am running into an issue. i am trying to connect it to my computer to record its awesome sounds into ableton to essentially mix into my own craft eventually. the problem i am running into  is i either have the wrong cables or i dont know what settings to enable or  what. i can currently get it to output volume into ableton and i can hear it but the problem is it only records notes into ableton when im playing them off my Push 2 and not the Korg itself. Whenever i press notes on the korg the bar does go up and down but cant actually input notes into ableton. this leads into my next problem of being able to only hear on one side of the headphones.
i got 3 different types of cables,
i have a 1/8 TRS to 1/4 TS dual (either could only hear from left or right not both)
i have a 1/8 TRS to 1/4 TS
i have a 1/8 TRS to 1/4 TRS
none of them have seemed to 100% truly work for me.
maybe im plugging them into the wrong channels and setting it up wrong but theres only two possible places for me to connect. either the instrument 1/4 jack on the side of the unit or the 1/4 phones on the breakout cable or both at the same time. which i tried but to no solution. this is driving me nuts. do i need a completely different type of cable?
the korg has a midi in going to the midi out on the breakout cable and 1/8 or 3.5mm aux input

edit i think i figured it out, in ableton i think the problem is that i needed to have two seperate tracks open one routing to channel 1 and another routing to channel 2 to make it even and then after i record the audio in with the sound i want i have to convert the track to audio and edit it from there. can anyone back this up
? i was also using the 1/8 trs to 1/4 trs for this and i plugged out my headphones from  the side of the unit into the phones breakout cable plug instead.