Topic: Help with Babyface Pro setup for line level???

Hello,

Just purchased a Babyface Pro. I read the manual a bit but I still do not quite understand regarding line level in. If I want to go line level in, which connector, XLR or balanced quarter inch, should I use and do I need to adjust the level to line level in TotalMix? I am coming from an Apogee interface and Apogee has it set up differently I think...where it’s XLR into the interface and then the user sets the input level to +4 within the software. Different with RME?

Thank you.

OS X 10.14.6, Logic Pro 10.4.6
RME Babyface Pro

Re: Help with Babyface Pro setup for line level???

In TM FX there is a tool symbol, then the channel widens and you get additional options.
Selection of line level and for inputs the possibility to change a little bit the gain.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by deckard1 2018-08-01 07:41:23)

Re: Help with Babyface Pro setup for line level???

ramses wrote:

In TM FX there is a tool symbol, then the channel widens and you get additional options.
Selection of line level and for inputs the possibility to change a little bit the gain.

Thanks! Found it. 

I think this is the answer as well according to the manual?

'The Babyface Pro has two analog microphone inputs that can operate as line inputs with levels up to +19 dBu, when set to 0 dB gain and PAD active. The electronic input stage uses a servo balanced design which handles unbalanced and balanced signals correctly, automatically adjusting the level reference.'

Thanks.

OS X 10.14.6, Logic Pro 10.4.6
RME Babyface Pro