Topic: Going nuts trying to find a replacement power supply for FIREFACE UC

I can't find information on the website or the web.
I've written RME but there's been no reply from them.

I have to get a power supply quickly because I'm going to start losing
recording clients.

The back of the unit says  13 Watts     28 volts/DC  20 volts/AC
but I don't know if the tip needs to be positive or negative (or if it even makes a difference).

Can anyone help out with information about what to buy and 
where to get it as reasonably priced as possible?

I would be greatly in your debt if someone can help out.

Sincerely,    Rick Walker   aka loop.pool
                 www.looppool.info/bio.html

Re: Going nuts trying to find a replacement power supply for FIREFACE UC

The back says 8-28 and 8-28 volts. Tip polarity doesn't matter as far as I know (makes sense if you consider that you can use AC, too).

There are hundreds of 12V / 2A (or 3A) power-supplies out there that more or less match the original one. So getting a power-supply for a RME 400/UC is one of the easier tasks.

Ok... Mine censored up and I need one NOW. They should have this info somewhere... They havn't answered my emails either. It's ridiculous. It might be ok to get whatever but still some kind of guidance could be nice. And if it hurts the card I gonna be really disappointed.

RME distributors worldwide.

best regards
Knut

Hi Knut. I allready checked Fitzpatrick wich is my nearest dealer. I need the power supply asap and as it's e-cpommerce it's no use really. Plus they don't have it in stock. /K

Usually the dealer orders the power supply from the local distributor in this country and the local distributor from the worldwide distributor (Audio AG Germany). Even if they have it in stock it needs time.

You can try to find one in an online music store with shipment to your country and order there.

best regards
Knut

I can't find one who sells it online. Not even thomann.de that got a lot of power supplies. Any rtecomendations if I try to find a replacment that's not from RME as it's more or impossible?

Would thios workP
http://www.thomann.de/se/rme_cardbus_netzteil.htm

It dosnt say it's for the UC...

Don't think so, it's only 0.5A. (which would mean 6W at 12V)
But like timur said, any adapter with enough power will do. So 1A at 12V is the absolute min.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

Kristoffer wrote:

It dosnt say it's for the UC...

The UC is virtually the same as the 400, so it will work. And any other off the shelf power-supply that offers the enough wattage within the published (printed on the unit) voltage range will work, too. There are gazillions of 12V / 2A supplies out there. fryingpan

I think I used the power source of the external HD while the original PSU being replaced by local importer.
The plastic material on the cord doesn't seem to be flexible enough and its causing the wires to expose in the base of the power plug.
This happened in the normal use.

Sonicimage studio
RME FF UFX, XTC, ADI-648, MADIface USB
W10 Pro 64bit

13 (edited by haniel 2018-08-01 12:22:39)

Hello !
Very new here, and this topic is old, but is top search on google when typing that you are looking for a new power adapter. So I thought it would be a good idea to come up with an answer.

You can find the correct stuff @ Thomann following this link : https://www.thomann.de/fr/rme_cardbus_netzteil.htm As said before, it said it's not for the UC but works for it.
I asked thomann hotline to have a confirmation.

Hope this helps...