Topic: No sound from 802 headphone 9/10 + 11/12 :(

Hi,
I'm new to RME but been using other interfaces for years.

Set the RME mixer to straight playback and getting everything working from my line outs 1-8 from ableton.

I'm sending outputs to 9/10 and 11/12 from ableton but it's not showing up in the mixer or coming out the interface

Is there anyway to set these outputs to behave like normal line outs.

thanks

2 (edited by ramses 2018-08-05 06:06:16)

Re: No sound from 802 headphone 9/10 + 11/12 :(

Check TotalMix FX:
Top Row, HW inputs: signal arriving at your 802's inputs, will be passed to application unchanged.
Middle Row: SW Playback channels: from Application (Windows, DAW program, ...)
Bottom Row: HW outputs of your recording interfaces, you have as many "submixes" as you have HW output channels.
Every output is a submix !

Ensure you are in submix mode (upper right):
1. Change the routing for submix Analog 9+10 out (phones1):
1.1 click to HW output Analog 9+10
1.2 change the faders of HW inputs and SW playback channels as you like/need.
If you want to hear vocals from a Mic or Instrument you might want to listen to it with zero latency, then raise the input fader. If you want to hear the signal from the DAW then raise the appropriate fader of the SW playback channel.
Eventually you need to route the signal out in the DAW or click to monitoring.

Same procedure for the other phones output and for every other HW output / submix.
If you need these settings more often, then save it as snapshot.

I wrote a TM FX primer in this blog article: https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … rnal-equi/

And collected some URLs about very nice RME Training videos on youtube: https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … al-Videos/

TM FX is structured very logical. Once you understood submix mode, then you will have really easy going and comfort.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hi Ramses,

Thanks for your reply. Maybe you have a different Totalmix FX to me as I only have x2 rows and cant find submix mode anywhere.
I can't seem to upload a screen shot so here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/39ndbt0mc072i … 9.png?dl=0

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan

You are using FireWire? Then the 802 is limited to 8 channels only. See and change in Settings dialog, Bandwidth Limit.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

And BTW you are in the operational mode "DAW mode".
Is this your intention to disable TotalMix FX routing capabilities completely and to perform everything in your DAW?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Nope, didn't realise I was on DAW mode.
The headphones have started working as I intended now but I'm unsure what I changed :S
I'm basically sending out the relevant outputs on ableton.
I'm trying to use line outs 1-8 + headphones 9/10 + 11/12 for ableton live on stage sending my instruments all of these separately.

Also I'm using USB.

See post #2.
Inspect your phones submix
- by clicking to Analog 9+10 in the bottom row (HW Output) and
- observing fader positions under HW inputs and SW playback channels (top and middle row)