Topic: Boya BY-M1 and babyface not connect ?

I can not get a sound from this computer with this microphone, can you help me?

win 10

cubase 5

Re: Boya BY-M1 and babyface not connect ?

Seems to be a condenser mic only suitable for consumer electronic (Smartphone, Camcorder, PC soundcard).
These condenser mics work with a different power level than Phantom Power (48V).
This MIC is IMHO not suited to be connected to a recording interface.
Use either a normal dynamic mic or a condenser mic for 48V phantom power.

http://www.boya-mic.com/lavaliermicrophones/BY-M1.html

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

Seems to be a condenser mic only suitable for consumer electronic (Smartphone, Camcorder, PC soundcard).
These condenser mics work with a different power level than Phantom Power (48V).

sad
I am not surprised.
rme is the same again

if I sell my rme sound card and get the onboard sound card my problem will be resolved ..

hicazyureklisite wrote:
ramses wrote:

sad
I am not surprised.
rme is the same again

Its the same for every recording interface no matter which manufacturer.

Maybe you should inform yourself 1st what the difference between a sound card and a professional recording interface is.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

6 (edited by ramses 2018-08-11 13:33:28)

hicazyureklisite wrote:

if I sell my rme sound card and get the onboard sound card my problem will be resolved ..

Depends on what your main concern is ...

Do you require a professional recording interface to perform studio work or do you only want to play around with cheap consumer equipment.

If you require a professional recording interface then better keep RME and invest also into a proper Studio Microphone which is compliant to the usual studio standards, not such a tiny Mic for consumer equipment that is only compliant to consumer standards (PC soundcard, camcorder, etc).

Ask your local dealer, you seem to require some consulatancy when it comes to purchase of equipment.

7 (edited by hicazyureklisite 2018-08-11 14:02:30)

ramses wrote:
hicazyureklisite wrote:

Do you require a professional recording interface to perform studio work or do you only want to play around with cheap consumer equipment.

If you require a professional recording interface then better keep RME and invest also into a proper Studio Microphone which is compliant to the usual studio standards, not such a tiny Mic for consumer equipment that is only compliant to consumer standards (PC soundcard, camcorder, etc).

Ask your local dealer, you seem to require some consulatancy when it comes to purchase of equipment.

The price does not indicate whether it is a good quality or a poor quality whole.
sample : The mi6 mobile phone is a lot nicer than the iPhone 7 plus, but it's cheap.there are hundreds of examples like this..

rme babyface very bad soundcard.A card that does not allow you to use your own plugins while in cubase.Is he a professional?

would you say what is done with this card?
It is expensive for the total mix, but it can not be mixed. smile:) does not that interest you?

Do you explain why I can not use a compressor in Cubase? because it is a professional card?

hicazyureklisite wrote:
ramses wrote:
hicazyureklisite wrote:

The price does not indicate whether it is a good quality or a poor quality whole.
sample : The mi6 mobile phone is a lot nicer than the iPhone 7 plus, but it's cheap.there are hundreds of examples like this..

rme babyface very bad soundcard.A card that does not allow you to use your own plugins while in cubase.Is he a professional?

would you say what is done with this card?
It is expensive for the total mix, but it can not be mixed. smile:) does not that interest you?

Get external consultancy.

10 (edited by ramses 2018-08-11 14:41:08)

hicazyureklisite wrote:

Do you explain why I can not use a compressor in Cubase? because it is a professional card?

The TM FX effects are usually used inside of TM FX.
If you need a compressor in Cubase, then use either a Cubase compressor or 3rd party VST plugin.

The Babyface has not the full implementation of FX chip simply because of its compact size.

If you really should require to have also the dynamics section in the recording path by the RME recording interface, then you simply need a different RME interface with the full implementation of the FX section like i.e. the UCX, 802, UFX II or UFX+.

But this is really not required, 99% of users take the VSTs of the DAW, because there they can use different flavours of compressors, which all have their own characteristic and use cases.

The FX section of the recording interface is mainly being used inside of i.e. phones submixes while i.e. recording vocals to add some reverb etc.

as a result I can not do anything with this card sad

12 (edited by ramses 2018-08-11 16:50:33)

hicazyureklisite wrote:

as a result I can not do anything with this card sad

I don't know to what you refer this statement, as you mentioned several things in this thread.

To summ up from my perspective

1) In terms of the Microphone ... this is something that would have happened to you with each vendor, be it Focusrite, Motu, or whatever .. and even with with an analog Mixer.

2) in terms of FX effects .. use them for TM FX submixes. If you need a compressor in Cubase then use Cubase compressor or 3rd party products.

I still do not see the point whats wrong with the Babyface for you.
Its a professional recording interface, many customers around the world are very satisfied with it.
You only need to use it in a way recording interfaces will typically be used.