Topic: Fireface 802 not connecting to PC

Hey peoples!

This is my first post!  I've had this 802 for a few years now and it's just stopped working.  I was moving some stuff around the studio and when I set it back up, there were no lights for the USB/Fireface connection.  I've tried it with a couple of different computers and the result is the same. 
I opened it up because it's way past warranty as I heard some small thing rolling around inside the machine.  It turned out to be three plastic things???? I don't know what they were, they did not appear to be part of anything but surely was leftover from when it was built........:/
I've tried the Firewire 400 and 800 connections as well as the USB on two different computers.  I had read that sometimes if you unplug the firewire while the unit is on, that it can damage the port.  It was suggested to switch to the 800 port which I did but to no avail. 
Any ideas what it may cost to get this thing fixed?  Any chance I can order parts and do it myself?  I would appreciate any input that you have.

Here is a video I made of the inside and those plastic things.
https://youtu.be/5vgdhatjkkI

Thanks!

Re: Fireface 802 not connecting to PC

Those plastic things are parts of the TOSLINK sockets that broke off when inserting a TOSLINK cable from outside. The sockets still work, usually.

FW and USB failing at the same time is very unusual. This unit needs to be sent in for a check.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME