Topic: AES and Spdif cable

I am new to RME stuff, I have been using Antelope Goliath and decided to make the swap last week. I want to be sure about cabling on My new RME UFX plus, (Also bought a Ferrofish pulse 16mx).

I need to connect a TC Electronic M3000 via Spdif. Sorry, this stuff gets confusing for me
Do I use
1.  XLR to RCA Cable @ 75 ohm?
2. Do I have to terminate either male or female cable or is it okay to use I un-terminated
Thanks for helping me!
Kenny

2 (edited by ramses 2018-08-15 18:52:17)

Re: AES and Spdif cable

Connect UFX+ to PC.
Set UFX+ to clock master in RME driver settings.
Connect Ferrofish via MADI, get clock via MADI.

I propose that you connect the TC M3000 via ADAT using optical TOSLINK cables instead of using coaxial SPDIF.
Then you have galvanic separation by using optical components and no issues in terms of any potential ground issue/humm.

Termination has nothing to do with male of female cable, btw it's not the cable, the adapters/plugs are male or female.
Or what do you mean in terms of termination ?

If you are not using Word Clock then you have not to terminate anything and even there its not always required because of a) internal terminators which can be activated / deactivated b) because of only very short cable length and not many devices.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13