Topic: Fireface 400 issue when turn on my pc

Hi. In the last month i've had issues with my Fireface 400. When i turn on my pc for the first time in the day, the sound coming out from my monitors is a thin sound, as if my monitors were broken but they are not! Its a sound without lows, as if my monitors only work "the highs frequencies".

If i restart my pc everyhting work fine. But if i turn my pc on for the first time in the day, the sound is a thin sound.

What issue could be?

Thanks

Eddy

Re: Fireface 400 issue when turn on my pc

Hi Eddy,

I am running Mac with High Sierra. I have almost the same issue during the last month.

1. First start of my computer => NO SOUND from FF400
2. Shut down everything start computer again => FF400 works

I can also cut the power to the FF 400 = Computer finds it = > Sound

Maybe the new driver updating?

I have the latest driver. I tried to reinstall the driver but same thing...

Do you use bus power on FireWire, or the external PSU? If the latter, try a different PSU as this one might be failing.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

6 (edited by Polarman 2018-09-06 17:41:53)

Jeff wrote:

Do you use bus power on FireWire, or the external PSU? If the latter, try a different PSU as this one might be failing.

I use external PSU.

1. Start up computer => not detecting Fireface400

2a. Not restart but just unplug the PSU and plug it in again (shutting off FF400)  the computer is detecting it.

or...

2b Restart computer Fireface is detected

I hope I didn't hijack the thread my problem might be a MAC sierra issue since I need to use adapterfor FW and cannot bus power the FF400

Hi again,

I can now confirm that for me it was the power supply. I have changed it and everything works great!

Thank you for your input.