Topic: UFX+ Mic or Headphones latency

Hello everyone,

I am having a latency problem at my vocal booth, I will try to explain it as best as I can and should you feel like needing more info please do not hesitate to ask and/or point me in the direction to get answers.

Every time I need to record vocals i get in my vocal booth that is equipped with an AKG A-51 mic and an AKG or Sennheiser  headphones (wired) I am having this annoying latency when hearing myself from the headphones not in sync with real time voice , as if there is 2nd voice not in sync, I have tried 2 different headphones and the problem exists in both.

I use Cubase and read in some forums to uncheck direct monitoring which I did and then tried several different combinations of  buffer sizes and sample rates but with no success . I noticed I dont get that latency in any other scenario including recording guitars, only when I am using Headphones + Mic . I have tried everything within my limited knowledge before posting on here, I hope I can get some professional advice on here on how to rectify this problem.

thanks

P.S. Yes I read the manual wink

RME UFX+
Steinberg Cubase Pro 9.5

Re: UFX+ Mic or Headphones latency

1) What ASIO buffersize are you using ?
2) How is the signal flow of voice ? Do you route voice through DAW or through UFX+ routing matrix ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

1) What ASIO buffersize are you using ?
2) How is the signal flow of voice ? Do you route voice through DAW or through UFX+ routing matrix ?

1- RME TB ASIO , 128/256 usually stable
2 - Routing is through the Daw but the voice has like a 1 sec latency

Does that latency change with the buffer size? 1 second can't be the ASIO driver, are you sure you've selected ASIO in the DAW settings...?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME