Topic: Desperate help plz - no sound/software integration - Fireface 800

Hey guys hope you're well

I'm having an extremely weird situation with my newly aquired fireface 800.
When playing through the interface Ins and back out again directly through totalmix, everything is fine.

However when I'm using software I get absolutely nothing wether it be through my DAW (Cubase 6.5, upgraded to 9.5 and still no change) or a standalone program like Amplitube for example. No input or output showing on any meters within the software or in the 'software return' section of totalmix. All ins and outs are configured correctly and sample rate is standard 44.1 across the board. All drivers updated, old versions tried. Control room in cubase is off. General PC sound is through completely separate speakers. Still nothing.

I use windows 7 with a Texas Instruments (recommended) PCIe card which shouldn't be an issue seeing as the interface works fine standalone and is always recognised and stable etc, and was used with my previous interface perfectly. I've looked absolutely everywhere for help with this and I spent 5 hours quadruple checking everything today whilst I had a client who ultimately left.

I was getting sound at first but this problem ultimately happened when I changed the buffer size up to 256 from whatever the lowest one is to get rid of crackling, haven't had any sound since no matter what settings I change. Is there some weird tiny thing I'm missing here?

It may be worth noting that the power supply died but was fixed with a recap and is now running perfectly again though.

Plzzzzz help I’ll buy you a beer

Re: Desperate help plz - no sound/software integration - Fireface 800

Hey mate, it might be worth posting photos of your TotalMix settings and the Matrix. It seems strange that you can hear sound via TotalMix but it's not getting to your DAW or Amplitube. I had a FF800 for about 10 years and it was rock solid the whole time, even after a similar power failure which was fixed by Synthax.

No audio via FW usually means internal error in the FPGA. Sometines this is even seen in the Settings dialog, mentioning that service is needed.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I think the FPGA is fine since I can run software audio with the M-Audio Profire 2626 over firewire with no issues, or would that specifically affect the fireface? No notices in the setting dialog.

These are my chosen software outs for totalmix.
Note: it is also the same for the inputs, no sound gets to or from my DAW or any other software even though the fireface and all its ins/outs are recognised.

https://ibb.co/i3bxSp

And my outputs set for Cubase...

https://ibb.co/jHShtU

Please provide screenshots of the Settings dialog main page and About page.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

After some more digging it seems like the ASIO driver is not working, got a message in Cubase saying 'ASIO Driver not running' when I try to record even though it's all recognised etc. Anyone had this issue before? Tried ASIO4ALL and the fireface doesn't show up.

@MC

Settings and about page:

https://ibb.co/icB63U

The driver can not read the firmware version of the unit (n.A.), so audio I/O is also blocked. What happens if you try to do a flash update to version 2.77?

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/fu … re_800.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

@MC

'Blank Check Failed' Unable to try on a different PC since this is the only one with firewire.

Then it's time for service, it seems.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME