Topic: Fireface UC Mac ( 0 ) problem - Autonomous mode

Hello everybody,
I would like to know if someone has the same probleme in the past, or can help to resolve it... It seams that my Fireface UC has a hardware problem.

The problem i have is that i can’t use the autonomous mode of the soundcard. Sometimes (half the time) volumes are all at -oo like if a default patch was loaded.

To be more clear, half the time when connected to the computer, FirefaceUSBSettings and Totalmix do not recognize the sound card with it’s correct serial name. Normally it’s « 23734914 » and sometimes « 0 » is indicated and a default patch loaded… A default patch is loaded and not the patch saved before.

So, it's like the soundcard sometimes become "incognito" and forget it name... sometimes it remember everything again.

When i disconnect and reconnect the usb slot one or two times on my computer it usually then work and then recognize the actual name of the card, load the patch in totalMix, etc...

My configuration is: MacBook Pro (13 pouces, mi-2012)
Operating system: MacOS Sierra 10.12.6.
Motherboard: 2,5 GHz Intel Core i5
RAM Amount: 8 Go 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphic card: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 Mo

I had the same problem before with ElCapitan. And it seems that also with my last computer...
I have tested to uninstall, reinstall the driver in the past + i have upgrade with a new OS (actually 10.12.6) and with last drivers v3.08 with no differences.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Re: Fireface UC Mac ( 0 ) problem - Autonomous mode

You could try a different USB cable and a different power supply. But basically this looks like a hardware problem. We are currently examining a similar case, so if the new cable/power doesn't work simply wait for more news.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Finally I have tested the FirefaceUC on other computers and it worked just fine; even on autonomous mode after being plugged in.
The problem seams to be particularly in link with my computer settings.
Maybe i will try to format and reinstall it someday...

Thanks for your help!

We are preparing a firmware update for you, please stay tuned.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Here it is:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/fu … 25_137.zip

This FUT adds a change that was helpful with the Digiface USB, where some units also suffered from serial number 0 problems. Please try it.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

We are preparing a firmware update for you, please stay tuned.

Sorry, i am not at home for the moment but will test as soon as possible.
Thanks again !