Topic: The drivers will not open

Hi, I just got a RME babyfacePro and went to the website and downloaded rmeinstaller and futsb. Opened them both and they load and nothing really happens. After that I rebooted the laptop a few times still no app from RME on my laptop, i try to extract the drivers again and no luck.
I decide to then plug in the babyface and it tells me it has a driver problem.
I went to the device manager and clicked on forget the RME babybafe. Now the laptop does not have the drivers and doesn't recognize the babyface.
I have a asus rog laptop; with high specs.

2 (edited by ramses 2018-08-29 19:13:57)

Re: The drivers will not open

OS version, which RME driver version ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I am on windows 10 and downloaded:
-Windows 7 bis 10 PnP Treiber für Fireface UFX, 802, UCX, UC und Babyface/Pro, Version 1.164
-Windows Flash Update Tool für Fireface UFX, 802, UCX, UC, Babyface/Pro. Update auf Firmware Revision UFX: 357/163/344/28, 802: 13/9/7/9, UCX: 46/260/27/13, UC: 123/135, Babyface: 223, Babyface Pro: 101.

When the BF starts does it show CC on the LEDs?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

where is CC? I think it shows the leds. 2 orange leds

The Babyface Pro shows either PC or CC for a second on the level meters when it is switched on.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi! I think I have the same problem. Nothing seems to happens when I click on the RMEInstaller-file. It`s a newly built PC, but the hardware is a few years old. Running Win7 64bits. The driver version is 1.162, the display of the UFX show S/W-version 1.58 when I turn it on.

Driver installs fine on a laptop that I have. It`s the same generation Win7 on it. Maybe  a driver related problem?

Sounds like you are missing Windows 7 update/patches around signed drivers.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.