Topic: Fireface UFX II Stand-Alone MIDI Control

Hello,

even though I use RME Interfaces since about 15 years I‘m new to this forum. After Multiface and Babyface I added a Fireface UFX II to my setup.

It really works great so far and I‘m able to control it by MIDI as long as it is connected to a PC. As soon as I disconnect USB audio operation is still available but MIDI control seems to be abandoned.

Following the manual I should find a possibility to activate standalone MIDI operation at Options, HW Operations/Diagnostics, Standalone MIDI but there is no such item.

Instead I see „Enable Standalone MIDI“ directly under options. But this entry is greyed out so no chance to activate it.

Atm I‘m a bit puzzled as stand alone mode is extremely important for what I want to do with the fireface and one main reason to buy it. So any support is warmly welcome,

kind regards, humphrey

2 (edited by ramses 2018-09-03 21:41:10)

Re: Fireface UFX II Stand-Alone MIDI Control

Which OS and UFX firmware / driver version do you use?

Did you try to store proper settings to any of the standalone device profiles 1 .. 6 when it's connected to USB and is working ?

Then in standalone mode to recall the appropriate  profile ?

Not sure whether this works, just an idea.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

humphrey wrote:

Following the manual I should find a possibility to activate standalone MIDI operation at Options, HW Operations/Diagnostics, Standalone MIDI but there is no such item.

Thanks, I will update the manual.

humphrey wrote:

Instead I see „Enable Standalone MIDI“ directly under options.

Under Options it says 'Hardware/Diagnosis' in the second line. That is the current subpage.

humphrey wrote:

But this entry is greyed out so no chance to activate it.

I don't know how that is possible, I will have to check. Of course it should be available.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Mathias,

thanks for your quick response. I just opened up the Options folder again and what I see is (from top to bottom):
- Deactivate Screensaver
- Enable MIDI Control
- Submix linked to MIDI Controller
- Enable OSC Control
- Submix linked to OSC Controller
- Preferences
- Settings
- Channel Layout...
- Arc & Key Commands...
- Reset Mix
- Operational Mode...
- Network Remote Settings...
- Store current State into Device
- Enable Stand Alone MIDI (greyed out)

So no „Hardware/ Diagnostics“ available here

Regards, humphrey

ramses wrote:

Which OS and UFX firmware / driver version do you use?

Did you try to store proper settings to any of the standalone device profiles 1 .. 6 when it's connected to USB and is working ?

Then in standalone mode to recall the appropriate  profile ?

Not sure whether this works, just an idea.

Hi ramses,

thaks for resoonding so quickly.
Driver and Firmware are latest releases
I stored 2 profiles but still a greyed out item

Regards, humphrey

From the manual:

The stand-alone MIDI control mode is activated in the unit’s menu Options, HW Options/Diagnosis, Standalone MIDI.

This is about the display of the unit. Not TotalMix FX...

And the correct path is as explained above, the manual does not match the unit's menu correctly.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ah sorry, my bad! I wasn‘t aware the menu inside fireface was meant. I‘ll give it a try this evening.

Many thanks for your support,

regards, humphrey