1 (edited by SixString6666 2018-09-05 05:35:12)

Topic: MIDI Issues

Hi folks,

I'm using my Fireface UFX 2 with Studio One, and tonight I set up a midi keyboard (Roland A-49).

I've loaded the Roland Driver onto my PC (Windows 10, 64 bit) - and I have the Roland going directly to the PC via the USB cable.  When I record a track, I see the midi recording but I don't hear anything.  when I play back, same thing - I see the recording, but no audio.  When I then record a vocal track and guitar track (directly into the UFX 2), it monitors and plays back fine.

I should also add - I have tried plugging the MIDI cable from the Roland directly to MIDI Input 1 on the front of the Fireface and I get no signal (the Fireface shows nothing that shows it is receiving a signal when I play the Roland BUT when I remove the MIDI cable from the front of the Fireface, the "IN 2" light stops flashing (and when I plug the MIDI cable back into the Fireface MIDI IN, the "IN 2" light then flashes again.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

D

Re: MIDI Issues

There is no reason that you should hear something. MIDI notes have no sound. Unless you assign a MIDI sound device to the MIDI track, transforming the MIDI notes into a sound.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: MIDI Issues

MC, thank you for the input.  Yes, I understand midi, in and of itself, has no sound, but I have in fact assigned a midi device to the midi track.