1 (edited by ramses 2019-09-02 09:23:23)

Topic: TM 1.50(3) Matrix view does not allow to change Layout Presets

Hi,

while having a look to matrix view I noticed today - what a real nice surprise - that the amount of channels
correspond to the "non hidden" channels of the "Layout Preset" being in use.

Great functionality ! It would be even better if it would be possible to change the "Layout Preset" also from Matrix view.
There would be enough space to place the controls also there.

The workflow would be much enhanced by this, because then you do not need to change back and forth between Matrix and Mixer view.

To put an example:

I have 3 devices connected to HDSPe MADI FX: UFX+ and two XTC's.

I created a "Layout Preset" for each of the devices, so that only the channels of the particular device are displayed and the rest is hidden (except for the Main Outputs, that I want to have accessible / visible in every "layout preset").

When looking at the routing in Matrix view its very practical to see only the channels of one particular device.

If I want to check the routing of multiple devices or want to compare between 2 similar devices,
then it would be much better, if I could change the "Layout Preset" directly in the Matrix view.
Otherwise I would have to change to Mixer view 1st, then change "Layout Preset", then go back to Matrix view.
Meanwhile the eye looses the focus.

Therefore I think this would be a great enhancement, if RME could consider to make this change for even more functionality.

I hope you like my idea, many thanks upfront.

For each connected device I have  two XTC I have separate Layout presets, so its very cool and user friendly, that the Matrix view only displays the channels, that are not hidden (controlled by "Layout Preset").

But the very good would be even better, if the controls for selecting "Layout Presets" would also be accessible form Matrix view (not only from Mixer view). Then user could select different "Layout Presets" without having to change back and forth between Mixer and Matrix view.

There is so much space in Matrix view on the right side below the "Groups" controls that could be used for that.
I assume from coding perspective it might not be big effort.to the big wins in terms of workflow enhancement.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: TM 1.50(3) Matrix view does not allow to change Layout Presets

To hide channels is the exact opposite of what a Matrix view is usually used and needed for.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by ramses 2018-09-28 16:39:49)

Re: TM 1.50(3) Matrix view does not allow to change Layout Presets

EDITED:

Maybe rarely used for such a purpose, but makes sense if you have many unused channels and want to work with the matrix.

If its not too complicated to implement I would be very glad about this.

Would bring me nearer to work with the Matrix madi bus / device based.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13