Topic: Fireface UCX output levels

I asked this a while back and got an answer that did not work.  Unfortunately there does not seem to be a way to find that thread.

My outputs seem to be ganged.  I have stereo output on lines 1 & 2 and one channel is down almost 5db from the other. I'd like to boost that channel but the line outputs only show for L1, L3 an L5.  On my last post somebody suggested adjusting the inputs .l1 and .l2.  However, that isn't where the signal is coming from.  It is coming from my Mac Mini via Pure Vinyl, and that output is okay.  I also ran the output to another DAC and it was properly centered.  I need to change L1 vs. L2.

Mac Mini
Fireface UCX
Balanced output to Classe Power Amplifier and HSU subwoofers.

Re: Fireface UCX output levels

You have TotalMix FX for that. If pan is centered and there is still offset then the channel itself (the unit) is defective.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

You have TotalMix FX for that. If pan is centered and there is still offset then the channel itself (the unit) is defective.

I have never used TotalMix FX.  I'm just using the Fireface UCX to digitize LPs.  I have it connected to my Mac Mini over firewire.  I just run the output from my turntable into the mic input and the audio out to my amps.  As far as I know everything should be flat.  So where is the pan control and can I use it to balance the output?

Mac Mini
Fireface UCX

MC wrote:

Assuming the unit is defective, what can be done about it?  Is there an adjustment pot inside or some other way to balance the output.  I've had it since last December and aside from the balance issue it works great.  I don't really want to send it somewhere for service.

Mac Mini
Fireface UCX

I hadn't really messed with TotalMix so I started to play with it.  I discovered I could click on the wrench and that opened a way to convert the ganged AN1/2 stereo channels into individually controllable mono channels.  Then all I had to do was to tweak one channel vs. the other to balance the output.  Worked like a charm.

The device may be defective but it does what I want so . . .

Mac Mini
Fireface UCX