Topic: Fireface 802 USB/Firewire ports not functioning

I have a Fireface 802 that has stopped connecting to my PC.  I have tested it on a few computers and none of them have recognized the RME so I assume that the ports have gone.

I have emailed RME twice now with no reply and I cannot find the part anywhere online in order to repair it myself.

Please help!  I paid a lot of money for this thing!

Re: Fireface 802 USB/Firewire ports not functioning

Hello,

I'm afraid I can not find any messages from you in my inbox - where did you send your mails?

That said, please contact the retailer or local distributor for service options.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hey David,

Thanks for your swift reply.  I sent them to info@audioag.com which is where the site directed me.  Please let me know if I should send it elsewhere as I had included a receipt of it's purchase.

Oh, and I did that and they said that since the warranty had run out, that I was to contact you directly.

I bought it from Long & McQuade in Alberta, Canada.

There is a link to a list of Canadian distributors through your website but the link is dead.

Which link is dead exactly?

In Canada, please contact:

Erikson Audio
21000 TransCanada Highway
Baie D'Urfé
Québec, Canada
H9X 4B7
Phone: (514) 457 2555
Fax: (514) 457 0055
E-Mail: info@eriksonaudio.com
Web: www.eriksonaudio.com
Support: Bill.Kinal@eriksonaudio.com

The link to their website works fine.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hey David,

Thanks again.  The dead link is on the RME Contact page.  It's not a link but the email there sends straight to Erikson Audio.

I will once again try my local music store but they just keep passing the buck and telling me to contact RME directly.

I don't understand the problem... Just send mail to Bill.Kinal@eriksonaudio.com and he will help...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Ok.  Thanks Daniel.