1 (edited by djeddyt 2018-10-21 18:55:08)

Topic: Fireface 400 suddenly stop working.

Hi everybody! About 2 days ago i had an unexpected issue with my ff400. While i was listening some music on youtube, i had a "Bleeeep" signal sound, similar to a testing sound, so i've unplugged the power supply and plugged on and everything was ok. After a couple of mins back this "Beeeeep" sound again, so i've unplugged the power and plug again for the second time, but this time no sound and the red led host came in and stucked! Do you guys think its a firmware issue? All my drivers are updated tho! i've tried to update all drivers on my pc including pci card but nothing.

Do u know if there is a firmware updating for windows 8.1?
Anybody had the same issue?

2 (edited by ramses 2018-10-21 19:20:40)

Re: Fireface 400 suddenly stop working.

When looking at the download page its the same firmware and software for all windows versions.
What firmware / software are you using ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Honestly i've never updated the firmware. Only the drivers!

4 (edited by ramses 2018-10-21 21:02:45)

djeddyt wrote:

Honestly i've never updated the firmware. Only the drivers!

Please tell the version numbers of firmware and drivers.
Was there a Windows 8.1 upgrade shortly before the problems started ?

According to the handbook: "The red HOST LED lights up when the Fireface 400 has been switched on. It operates as error LED, in case the FireWire connection hasn't been initialised yet, or has been interrupted (error, cable not connected etc.)."

Could you kindly check whether the Firewire cable is plugged accordingly ?

Could you try all other Firewire 400 ports on your Firewire card in your PC ?

Could you try to use a different Firewire cable, maybe your old one has an issue ?
Also try all other Firewire 400 ports on your Firewire card in your PC.

Is the device powered by a separate power supply ? Could you try a different one ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13