Topic: Babyface Pro & iPad Pro - Does It Really Work for Live Use?

I'm considering purchasing the BFP for use with an iPad Pro 12.9 (2nd Gen) running IOS 12.  It would be used live for a looping app, guitar effects, and if possible vocal effects and backing tracks or drums.

I have two questions.  First, is this actually workable?  Are people using BFP and iPad Pro in this way?  My main concern is latency.  I've searched online but haven't found a good answer.

Second, since the BFP is class complaint, does it really perform better in terms of latency than other interfaces when used with IOS?  The reason I ask is that I've seen an RME video stating that since the BFP is class complaint, then no proprietary drivers are required.  If that is the case, and since RME's products are often said to have lower latency due to their superior drivers, then I wonder whether the BFP would really perform better than other interfaces in terms of latency.

To be clear, my second question is not intended to knock the BFP, which by all accounts is one of the best (if not the best) IOS interface, just to understand what I can expect.

Thanks for any advice!

Re: Babyface Pro & iPad Pro - Does It Really Work for Live Use?

Sure, it works great! These guys linked below developed their Looperverse iPad app using the Babyface and Babyface Pro, thanks to the impeccable audio, I/O flexibility and low latency.

http://retronyms.com/

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.