1 (edited by thehitmatrix 2018-10-27 02:06:15)

Topic: Firefce 800

Hi,

I own a Fireface 800 which worked for a long time without an issue. I've had it for about 10 years. I have updated the software several times.

One day it started cutting off the incoming sound of the mic after about an hour of continuous use. The computer it's hooked to works great, we are in the middle of a session and can do anything in the recording program. In other words everything is working normally. But the mic is mute. I have to tap it gently and the sound comes back. When it starts doing it it's every time we don't record anything for about 1 minute that the mic goes mute.

It does it with any mic so it's not the mic. Plus I use the mics with another converter and everything is fine.
I use Win XP and Cubase 4 with the FF800. With the other interface I use Win 7 and Cubase 4.5 and again it always works for as long I want.

I wonder:
1. Is there a feature in the software that puts the FF800 to sleep on the incoming signals after a while?
2. Could it be that it happens when it gets hot?

Thank you in advance.

Best,

Re: Firefce 800

Most likely the power supply starts to fail -> service...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Firefce 800

Thank you Matthias. Although wouldn't that, sometimes at least, turn off the FF800 even so briefly, which would likely get me some error message in Cubase that my audio interface got disconnected?