Topic: Where can I purchase a 5m firewire cable to test my Multiface?

I'm getting a red light on HOST Error at startup, two yellow lights under MIDI STATE followed by one flash of red and then nothing on the HOST Error light and wish to test the cable but am having a hard time finding a replacement cable.

Any direction or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
eric

Re: Where can I purchase a 5m firewire cable to test my Multiface?

Hmm...it's up and running now. Ugh...that's good but...weird!

https://www.amazon.de/LINDY-30863-Vergo … +400+30863

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks ramses,
just found that brand name on Amazon over here in the states and purchased one as I just did a track and had some crackling on it. Tried to recreate afterwards but wasn't able to. Makes one appreciate all the times it doesn't happen. ;-)
eric

Which Firewire card do you have and which communication chip is on board, maybe TI XIO2200A ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

The Multiface is not a Firewire device.....

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

7 (edited by ramses 2018-11-03 08:16:02)

Ah ok, thanks. I was misled by firewire cable, forgot that the Multiface uses such technology,
but its not a typical mainstream firewire card .. thought it might be a bogus chip issue.